started her weekly radio show this past Friday, named She Said, She Said in honor of our defunct blog
(and even more defunct column
.) Needless to say, one of the Shes (me) did not partake in the inaugural airing, and the co-host duties went to August
in my stead. I thought they were great, and August did us proud with his witty comebacks and radio-friendly style.
As Jess says in her post
(the first in five months, and it's duly entertaining!) I am hoping to join her on-air at some point -- but right now I'm feeling completely unable to take on additional projects in my currently crazy and hectic life. Not that Jess's isn't equally crazy and hectic, but she thrives on it, while I get all stressed out and cranky.
Some things going on with us right now:
1. We just found out that one of our cats (the sweet one
, of course) has advanced-stage kidney failure. I'm bringing him back to the vet tomorrow to investigate options, which include -- agh -- daily injections...
2. Jess and I are going to London for work in November. Now that is damn exciting!
3. Bryan has started his duties as TV Time-Out guy for the Raiders and 49ers. Which basically means he gets to stand on the sidelines of every home game with a headset on, making funny arm and leg signals to the referees. Maybe even more exciting than #2.
4. And yes, I am fasting right now. Not exactly like Jess and Bryan, as the molasses/lemon drink made me violently ill on Day 1. Or something did -- I vomited like 9 times -- and now I can't bring myself to drink that nasty combo. So instead I'm doing a traditional juice fast
, which means I can consume glasses of stuff I actually like, while still "cleansing" and kick-starting that commitment to healthy eating. I'm on Day 3 and considering a 5-day total fast.
5. Work. Omigod work. It never stops, and I'm barely treading water. I guess this is what consumes me most of the time. The debates and upcoming election have made our jobs terribly relevant, which is cool, but very
6. I really need to make our wedding album, don't you think?
Plus parental visits and trips to Napa and best friends moving and jury duty and other things I can't talk about here. Well anyway, there's more but I'm tired of typing. Do I have you convinced yet? I'm not sure that I am.
In the meantime -- you can listen to the radio show from 6-8 p.m. PT Fridays online
. Check it out!